How to work with my creative SVG and PNG templates

Hello friends!

Today is the perfect day to discussing using my SVG / PNG shape templates. ♥ I love them and use them all the time :-).

It depends on your software, what kind of a template you can use.

  • SVG templates are mostly for cutting machines. 
  • The PNG templates are great for making your own designs of clipart and using it with software like MyMemories suite, Photoshop, Gimp and etc.

SVG / PNG Template as one piece

I make my creative templates as 1 piece. So if you are looking at my basic black template on white background, the white parts are cut out from shape. Here on the left side picture, you can see the black template on a non-white background, so it is clear what I am talking about. The nurse hat, heart, and other elements inside the circle are cut out of the shape.

I prefer doing this because this way they are perfectly usable as cut files for cutting machines as well. The demonstration of this is the white label on the left side picture. If you use this template for cutting out this label from white paper, this is what you end up. You can color in this label and use it for many kinds of paper crafting. Or you can use patterned paper or vinyl for cutting. 
I love to use them in cardmaking, journaling, traditional scrapbooking, collage, mixed media art-making, mug decorating, etc. There is a long list of possibilities.

SVG and PNG files in digital use

OK, when I use my creative templates in digital form for scrapbooking, for example. Usually, I don't want cut-out parts in my labels.
Here is my scrapbook layout I used the template as it is, and it fits perfectly. I used part of my photo as an ideal background, so the label stands out from it.



But there are many scrapbook situations when I don't want cut-out parts and showing my background. So I need to add my own background. This could be done by adding the underlayer and using the simple basic shape for covering the designs.


So this way I can get solid clipart to use on any background. I use them as digital stickers :-). And I can play with designs, for example by adding a drop shadow to the white part. Or using a gradient fill for one of the elements.



I hope, you find these tips useful ♥. If so, let me know in the comments :-).

Are you looking for some SVG/PNG template for playing right now? 
See my Etsy shop >>>
or sign up for my every month creative template freebie list and download this amazing label template right after subscribing:

Have a nice day!
Martina

Comments

Popular Posts