My tips for DIY Mother's day cards and projects + freebie card template

 Hello, friends!


The world has somehow changed and many things are suddenly perceived differently.

We bring values to life that we somehow didn't have time for before. And hand-made postcards are just one such thing. They replace what we cannot "donate" or deliver in person while carrying almost as much value as a personal meeting.

I bring you a few of my tips if you are going to produce postcards for Mother's Day or any other postcards for your loved ones in the coming days. 

There are tons of good tutorials for DIY cards and if you are a cardmaking lover, you definitely should have a cutting machine. So you can use those amazing ready-to-go card templates. They are ready in a minute, but you can still add the personal touch in the finishing phase of creating process.

Mother's day card template

What I exactly love about these card templates is, they are so quick to make, they are awesome, they are easy and you still have the opportunity to add your personal touch. You can choose the material the card will be from. You can choose the color of it. You can decide if there will be other parts or not, and finally, you can add your own text. There are many ways to customize these cards. 

However, you don't have to limit yourself at all. There are plenty of universal postcard templates which you can customize. I love these decorative templates ( picture below). They make amazing cards. You can use them as they are, but I like to put an inner white layer so the decorative ornaments are highlighted. 


They can be used as mother's day postcards, but also as birthday cards. I really like to donate postcards to loved ones on any weekday. I will write a simple message for them, how much I miss them or how much I like them, for example. But if you're not exactly a writer, just find a nice quote and add just a small personal note.

If you love crafting, cardmaking is a good way to spend your time. If you have the right tools and material, you can make literally miracles. One of my favorite ways to create cards is to use raw element templates (flowers, hearts, etc.) and create my own cards. So every card can be the only one original. 


You can glue them to the card base as a part of your artistic collage. You can use them in digital form, create the card and print it out. This is a very easy way to make personalized, yet amazing cards. Or, you can use them for making your own card template for cutting machines, if you are an advanced user. (Or just learn how  to do this.)

Finally, a promised freebie. I made this card template for you. I deliberately did not give any text, so the cards can be used on various occasions. I hope you love it... And if you are looking for more templates, have a look in my shop >>>


Download your freebie (ZIP) here >>> 

As in the e-shop, I designed two variants for this card design, a simple card, and a foldable card. So you will get 2 PNG and  2 SVG files. The simple card is 5x7 inches and the foldable card has a 7x10 inches template. Have a lot of fun and creative work ♥. 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely card template.
    Earlier I downloaded a lovely BW Decorative Corners design from MyMemories, and it was on the info with that file that I found the link to your site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts