Freebie: SVG and PNG flower shapes and ideas how to use them


Hello, my creative friends.

Today I would like to share with you my new easy and simple flower shapes and my favorite ways to craft with them. I really love the possibilities I have using SVG or PNG shapes!


I am always looking for some cute but adjustable embellishments while I am scrapbooking or paper crafting...  and I think I am not the only one. 😀

So I thought it would be fun to make some very simple flower shapes. You can download them in one ZIP archive file and there are 4 SVG files and 4 PNG files. The PNG files are 4x4 inch large high quality 300 dpi files.


You can download ZIP archive here >>>

Once you click on the link above you will see the content of the ZIP archive file. To download it you have to click on download icon right top ( as shown below).


Simple ideas how to use flower shapes or any other shapes in a creative way

Once you have flower (or other) shapes you have many ways to craft with them. The great thing is, you can use them so many times you want! And you can make unlimited designs!

So here are some of my favorite ways I use my flower shapes:
1. I use them as they are in digital form in scrapbooking software. 
Yes, sometimes I like to use them in black color because I often make layouts with black accent and I love it.
2. I fill them up with solid color, again in digital form in scrapbooking software.
This is a great way of using shape templates, to fill them up with matching color. You can make your own embellishments for any digital layout. And I love to make more color variations. One of my favorite ways is to make them in more tones in one color or make them in contrasting colors. It depends on what I want for my layout.
3. I fill them up with my patterned papers, again in digital form in scrapbooking software. 
And at this point, the real fun begins! An interesting option is using the ombre effect too.
4. To highlight the shapes I like to use contouring them with lines and use shadows.
Sometimes the fill pattern is not very significant, so I use contour lines. You have a choice to use thin or thick lines, but more often I use a combination of thin line and shadow for shape objects. So they can stand out very nicely on layout.
5. Layer them. 
I get great results by layering shapes. And they can be the same ones or different ones. And I like to use the size variation too, so my final design is more interesting. It is a matter of playing and trying.
6. I love to use my shapes like stamps for backgrounds. 

In this case you have more options too. I use to use one color fill in faded tones, so my "stamps" are more blended in background. Or you can use contrasting colors and get some more visible stencil effect. But I like to use only contouring lines for stamping, so the effect is not so strong.
7. Design and print them. 
You definitely can use shapes in real paper crafting, not only in digital form. You can make your own designs, print them, cut them out and having fun in scrapbooking or journaling. The easy and popular way is using some cutting machine, but there are other options too!
Some shapes are really simple for hand cutting. But the most interesting shapes are usually not so simple. So, my special tip for more complex shapes is cutting them out in simple shapes around, like circles, squares or hexagons. The last ones are my very preferred because of super-easy straight-line cutting 😉.

If you like or want to try some more shapes, I share more freebies here, or you can look around my Etsy shop.


These are my favorite ways to use SVG or PNG shapes in my crafting. Do you have some more tips for us? Let comment below please and have a nice and creative day!
Bye.

Comments

  1. Thank you! I love these flowers and am anxious to work with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am glad you like them :-). I would like to see your projects, so feel free let a link here :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts