How to get ready for December daily journaling

Hi friends,
did you hear about December daily, journaling challenge?
I believe, it began with the idea from Ali Edwards Design Inc and their December Daily®. It is a December mini-album project that documents the 25 days leading up to Christmas.
It was several years ago and from this time this idea grew up to the massive journaling challenge to document the whole of December.
Now people do their December daily in many styles of scrapbooking and journaling. They document traditions of families, best recipes, Christmas shopping, all Christmas preparations, etc.

How to get ready for December daily journaling


I decided to participate this year too. So here is my simple checklist on how to get ready for December daily journaling.

1. prepare journal

I decided to make my own journal for December and Christmas journaling. For this purpose I designed some background pages I will probably combine with some patterned papers. If you looking for some inspiration or would like to use my designs, all is available on Etsy.

I have a beautiful Vintage Christmas junk journal kit. Digital collage printable journal pages (photo above).


2. collect ideas

Since I will attend for the first time, I think I will like to have some ideas for inspiration. I will use my preferred Pinterest and collect ideas there. But I am sure you will be able to find ideas around the whole internet. You can look at my December daily ideas and printables pinboard.  I am sure, it will grow extremely in the coming days.

3. supplies

I am not totally sure how exactly I will make my journaling. But my main idea is combining some scrapbooking and daily journaling and for page decorations, I am planning to make my preferred collages.

For this reason, I designed my December daily journaling collage kit. And I love it. I included my Christmas patterns, so this kit will perfectly coordinate with my hand made journal (photo above).

I love printables, because I can use them immediately and how many times I want. There are only limits on the amount of toner in the printer :-). So I am pretty sure I will use many elements from my other Christmas printables. Here are my best tips:

Vintage Christmas digital collage kit - 1,5 inch circles. Printable Victorian ephemera, 30 unique pcs.

Christmas joy - printable vintage ephemera pack, 8 pages - 72 elements.

I hope I gave you some ideas and inspiration, guys. If you will participate on Christmas daily too, let me know or show me your creations. :-)
Have a nice day!

Comments

Popular Posts